Joshua Engel has been recognized as one of the leading attorneys in title IX field. In 2017, he was asked by the Department of Education to consult on revisions to the Title IX process. He has spoken on this issue at a number of national conferences, including:
- Second Annual Title IX Summit, Mohegan Sun, CT (2017)
- Higher Learning Commission, Chicago, IL (2017)
- Third Annual Symposium on Representing Students Accused of Sexual Assault, Washington, DC (2017)
- Second Annual Symposium on Representing Students Accused of Sexual Assault, Washington, DC (2016)
- Navigating Due Process and Title IX Issues in Campus Sexual Assault Procedures: Constitutional, Statutory, Contractual, and Tort Considerations, Washington, DC (2014).